Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Worth bidding on???????

  1. #11
    Senior Member Chugach68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    577
    Thanked: 57

    Default

    One other thing to be careful with ebay is "bidding frenzy"...I think some people get in the heat of the moment and end up paying a lot more than they should. It is easy to get in that trap. I have succumbed myself before but luckily was outbid at the last second. After it was over I thought to myself...why did I go that high????
    I choose death before dishonor
    I'd rather die than live down on my knees

  2. #12
    Senior Member blabbermouth RezDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Haida Gwaii, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    9,370
    Thanked: 2855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chugach68 View Post
    One other thing to be careful with ebay is "bidding frenzy"...I think some people get in the heat of the moment and end up paying a lot more than they should. It is easy to get in that trap. I have succumbed myself before but luckily was outbid at the last second. After it was over I thought to myself...why did I go that high????
    I think there have been a few of us there. Perhaps even the other side of the frenzy. My current strategy is to only bid at the last second because everyone else is obviously sleeping. My max isn't close to what it used to be and I will wait if I have to, I already have more than two...
    It's not what you know, it's who you take fishing!

  3. #13
    At this point in time... gssixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    25,286
    Thanked: 12449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Mod Team has gone through this thread and removed quite a few posts that went way off topic and the posts that quoted those posts...

    Please keep the discussion about the razor in question..

    Many Thanks

    The Mod Team

  4. #14
    Senior Member AndrewJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    673
    Thanked: 79

    Default

    I had noticed this razor on ebay as well... in the pics, it says MANUFACTUREDBY ... no space between "manufactured" and "by". Does this suggest it may not be legit? Or is that common for wade & butcher?

  5. #15
    Senior Member ScienceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,516
    Thanked: 959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJM View Post
    I had noticed this razor on ebay as well... in the pics, it says MANUFACTUREDBY ... no space between "manufactured" and "by". Does this suggest it may not be legit? Or is that common for wade & butcher?
    WB stamps were all over the place over the years, and the later models had many small variations. If someone would go to the trouble to counterfeit a WB razor I would think at least they'd choose a more valuable model.
    gssixgun and Phrank like this.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    312
    Thanked: 40

    Default

    Dexter,

    I looks like the seller pulled the plug on the auction early. I wonder if it was another one of those situations were someone contacted the seller and agreed to a price outside of Ebay.

  7. #17
    barba crescit caput nescit Phrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanked: 2332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordee View Post
    Dexter,

    I looks like the seller pulled the plug on the auction early. I wonder if it was another one of those situations were someone contacted the seller and agreed to a price outside of Ebay.
    Just noticed that myself, I wondered if the auction had ended for a second and it sold for $9.00 ...then realized it had been unlisted...yup, could have been a side deal, it happens.

    Was a nice blade...

  8. #18
    Senior Member Hacker7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islip N.Y.
    Posts
    743
    Thanked: 149

    Default

    I have bought 2 razors from this vendor. Paid a bit more than I would now but they are 2 of my best shavers. Have been following his sales and every razor he sells commands top dollar. I would buy from him again so if somebody made an offer it was one he could not refuse. The razors are all top quality.

  9. #19
    Fatty Boom Boom WW243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rockville
    Posts
    3,258
    Thanked: 637

    Default

    Look for the Lavender Handmade Box.....and there you'll find: Cedrick Smythe, who does not appear to be interested in any razor which would not compliment the box. I would buy a razor from him except for that pesky money part of the deal.
    Hart likes this.
    "Call me Ishmael"
    CUTS LANE WOOL HAIR LIKE A Saus-AGE!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to WW243 For This Useful Post:

    Hart (02-26-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •