Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1565
Like Tree2400Likes

Thread: The Wall Of Shame

  1. #1421
    Str8Faced Gent. MikeB52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Orangeville, Ontario
    Posts
    4,435
    Thanked: 2696
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Back to $600, still including fake patent.
    A new buyer should be along any minute.
    engine46 likes this.
    "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    https://mobro.co/michaelbolton65?mc=1

  2. #1422
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,096
    Thanked: 441

    Default

    Dan's primitive stones, trans, big and IIRC, about $50.

    A thin piece of random trans novaculite from the capital of novaculite - Woodland Hills California....wait, what? $126 plus shipping.

    Translucent Arkansas Stone Extra Fine Grit 1000+, 6-7/8" x 5" x 1", 5/8"-Peice

    Judging by the rest of the seller's stuff, it's probably not their area of expertise. But I've sold dan's 8x2 finished (trans) stones for less.
    Last edited by DaveW; 07-31-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    engine46 likes this.

  3. #1423
    Senior Member blabbermouth engine46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    7,328
    Thanked: 1584
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Dan's primitive stones, trans, big and IIRC, about $50.

    A thin piece of random trans novaculite from the capital of novaculite - Woodland Hills California....wait, what? $126 plus shipping.

    Translucent Arkansas Stone Extra Fine Grit 1000+, 6-7/8" x 5" x 1", 5/8"-Peice

    Judging by the rest of the seller's stuff, it's probably not their area of expertise. But I've sold dan's 8x2 finished stones for less.
    Oh wow! Maybe with a chunk of that , it will clean this razor up to be a beauty.

    Antique Wood Handle W. Greaves & Sons I AM GOOD WILL SHAVE WELL STRAIGHT RAZOR | eBay
    Geezer and ejmolitor37 like this.
    An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~Benjamin Franklin

  4. #1424
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    832
    Thanked: 241

    Default

    BTW, I have seen a nice light grey translucent Ark on a Japanese auction site for $1,500. No kidding. I'd sell them one for half that.

    Cheers, Steve
    DaveW and engine46 like this.

  5. #1425
    lz6
    lz6 is offline
    Senior Moderator lz6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,788
    Thanked: 1809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engine46 View Post
    Oh wow! Maybe with a chunk of that , it will clean this razor up to be a beauty.

    Antique Wood Handle W. Greaves & Sons I AM GOOD WILL SHAVE WELL STRAIGHT RAZOR | eBay


    Those pic's of that razor actually gave me a chill.
    engine46 likes this.
    Bob

    "God is a Havana smoker. I have seen his gray clouds" Gainsburg

  6. #1426
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,096
    Thanked: 441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    BTW, I have seen a nice light grey translucent Ark on a Japanese auction site for $1,500. No kidding. I'd sell them one for half that.

    Cheers, Steve
    There's some strange stuff on auctions over there!

    I got a "lot" of stones from there once for $58 that had a 2x7 trans in it (a vintage one an inch thick). Unfortunately, the lot weighed 13 kg and I had to have the service throw away two thirds of the stones to make it reasonable to ship. But I have the ark!! and an interesting razor hone that feels really smooth and is really fast (better for tools than razors, I'm sure the speed means that it's not quite as fine as it feels like it is).
    engine46 likes this.

  7. #1427
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,096
    Thanked: 441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engine46 View Post
    Oh wow! Maybe with a chunk of that , it will clean this razor up to be a beauty.

    Antique Wood Handle W. Greaves & Sons I AM GOOD WILL SHAVE WELL STRAIGHT RAZOR | eBay
    RAzors that need a bead blasting are never a good thing!

  8. #1428
    Senior Member blabbermouth engine46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    7,328
    Thanked: 1584
    Blog Entries
    2
    An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~Benjamin Franklin

  9. #1429
    Senior Member FWiedner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    103
    Thanked: 8

    Default

    Isn't that one of those special blades designed to shave past moles?

    engine46 likes this.

  10. #1430
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Tel Aviv, Israel
    Posts
    169
    Thanked: 35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWiedner View Post
    Isn't that one of those special blades designed to shave past moles?

    "IN GOOD CONDITION" it says...
    engine46 likes this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •