Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Last possible second bid NINJAS! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

  1. #1
    Senior Member blabbermouth ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanked: 625

    Default Last possible second bid NINJAS! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

    Twice this week at the last likely second I have been outbid on the bay and my lord that just chaps my khakis! Just goes to show you cant have nothing nice sometimes. Thanks for letting me rant

  2. #2
    Senior Member blabbermouth tcrideshd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oakland Tn
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanked: 984

    Default

    Just look at it this way, you still have money for the next one!! Hang in there, or do what I do, never shop Ebay and just have one made! Tc
    Ever wonder why you never see a motorcycle in front of a Shrinks office? ,,,,, then you have never ridden one "

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    695
    Thanked: 77

    Default

    Did this happen to happen in the last few hours

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ejmolitor37 likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member blabbermouth ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanked: 625

    Default

    Yea aaron1234, like ten minutes after 7 p m I was bidding on a vintage razor hone nothing really special but I had high bid and last like 3 seconds got out bid by .50 cents and hit the higher bid button and was too late, happened Saturday night on a W&B special I was bidding on. I am really new to ebay, like the last 3 weeks and I think I have a few things to learn

  5. #5
    Senior Member blabbermouth ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanked: 625

    Default

    I would love to have a custom razor tcrideshd! One of these days I will, I have two blanks cut from tool steel and was hoping to make it to Howards shop for the meet up but had to work they still need ground and heat treated and such. Just have not had any time this summer to finish them, maybe this winter. I really want a blade from Bruno he makes beautiful razors.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    695
    Thanked: 77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ejmolitor37 View Post
    Yea aaron1234, like ten minutes after 7 p m I was bidding on a vintage razor hone nothing really special but I had high bid and last like 3 seconds got out bid by .50 cents and hit the higher bid button and was too late, happened Saturday night on a W&B special I was bidding on. I am really new to ebay, like the last 3 weeks and I think I have a few things to learn
    In that case welcome to eBay. It happens to me all the time. Eventually I got tired of it and started doing it myself. As far as I know ebay has tried to eliminate this by having you place your max bid and eBay bids for you up to that point but as you can tell it doesn't really work that well. As the old saying go's if you can't beat them join them. Eventually you'll get something just keep trying!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ejmolitor37 likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member blabbermouth ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    2,332
    Thanked: 625

    Default

    That is my plan from here on out aaron1234. It is not really that big of a deal just irks ya a bit just needed to complain a bit with peoples who will feel my pain. Does suck I had watched this item for like 3 days and not one bid or other person watching it then last second, BAM outbid. That shall be me from here on out.
    aaron1234 likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Moderator JimmyHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,559
    Thanked: 11012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ejmolitor37 View Post
    That is my plan from here on out aaron1234. It is not really that big of a deal just irks ya a bit just needed to complain a bit with peoples who will feel my pain. Does suck I had watched this item for like 3 days and not one bid or other person watching it then last second, BAM outbid. That shall be me from here on out.
    Be careful what you pray for, you might get it. I've been in your shoes and learned how to snipe auctions too well. When you get to the point where you are glad you lost, then you know it is time to quit looking. Only thing that worked for me to break the habit, but you've probably got a ways to go before you know what I'm talking about.
    Be careful how you treat people on your way up, you may meet them again on your way back down.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyHAD For This Useful Post:

    Geezer (08-16-2016)

  10. #9
    " Atta Boy!!" sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    18,214
    Thanked: 5839

    Default

    Nice work!
    ejmolitor37 likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member dinnermint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanked: 342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHAD View Post
    Be careful what you pray for, you might get it. I've been in your shoes and learned how to snipe auctions too well. When you get to the point where you are glad you lost, then you know it is time to quit looking. Only thing that worked for me to break the habit, but you've probably got a ways to go before you know what I'm talking about.
    This is exactly where I stopped browsing ebay. Except for that vintage coti, had to get that one... Maybe there's a nice #14 on there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •