Page 517 of 522 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 5211
Like Tree12665Likes

Thread: What Do You Have In The Mail Right Now?

  1. #5161
    Senior Member DaveTheGeordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    478
    Thanked: 25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    Nice razor, But this may sound dumb but may I ask what is a Tea Cozy, Ty
    Put on a teapot when full to retain heat. Normally knitted. Bit like a hat but for a teapot

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on!

  2. #5162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Addison Michigan
    Posts
    465
    Thanked: 84

    Default

    O.K. That peaks interest (( Pix)) Ty

  3. #5163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,636
    Thanked: 293

    Default

    As if I didn't have enough junk to hone a razor on...

    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  46.7 KB

    Name:  s-l1600_1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  21.7 KB

    Yep, glass hone. If I had really thought that one through, I have a 18 x 5.5 x .4" glass hone sitting just a couple of feet away from me (the glass shelf I abused as a flattening board for my Arkansas stones). Oh well, HAD needs neither reason nor logic!

  4. #5164
    Senior Member ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    1,352
    Thanked: 338

    Default

    9/16 razor tang reads/ Wade & Butcher
    Blank for Concaving
    Sheffield, England
    Looks to be in pretty great shape, I have not seen one with the marking Blank for Concaving before so figured may as well snag it up. Can not post pics at the moment but will when I get home. Plus my Keen Kutter arrived so Ill be sharing pics of that too
    Nothing is fool proof, to a sufficiently talented fool...

  5. #5165
    barba crescit caput nescit Phrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    8,221
    Thanked: 1880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ejmolitor37 View Post
    9/16 razor tang reads/ Wade & Butcher
    Blank for Concaving
    Sheffield, England
    Looks to be in pretty great shape, I have not seen one with the marking Blank for Concaving before so figured may as well snag it up. Can not post pics at the moment but will when I get home. Plus my Keen Kutter arrived so Ill be sharing pics of that too
    There was a massive Wade & Butcher couple years back with the, "Blank for Concaving" on it, think it was a 10/8 or something. From my understanding, that means that blade has not yet made it to grinding, and is essentially an unfinished razor, never saw what happened to the other one, so definitely will be interested on your review when you get it....congrats and a unique find.
    ejmolitor37 likes this.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phrank For This Useful Post:

    ejmolitor37 (03-20-2017)

  7. #5166
    'with that said' cudarunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Walla Walla in WA State USA
    Posts
    4,921
    Thanked: 1670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrank View Post
    There was a massive Wade & Butcher couple years back with the, "Blank for Concaving" on it, think it was a 10/8 or something. From my understanding, that means that blade has not yet made it to grinding, and is essentially an unfinished razor, never saw what happened to the other one, so definitely will be interested on your review when you get it....congrats and a unique find.
    I'd picked up on the 'Blank for Concaving' also, but WHY on the tang and not on the Blade? The stamping on the blade would be ground away when it was finished/however the stamping on the tang will remain.

    Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what gets posted.
    ejmolitor37 likes this.
    Our house is as Neil left it- an Aladdin’s cave of ‘stuff’
    Kim x

  8. #5167
    Senior Member ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    1,352
    Thanked: 338

    Default

    Well that is very curious Phrank I guess I took it to be kind of a way maybe for an idgit to not make a wedge when it should be a concave. I did not read much into it other than I haven't seen one and wanted it due to the oddity maybe I scored better than I originally thought shoot for the price and uncontended I will be happy no matter
    Nothing is fool proof, to a sufficiently talented fool...

  9. #5168
    Senior Member Mrchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    1,078
    Thanked: 142

    Default

    I'm looking forward to trying this one out. It arrived today.
    Hirlau, Phrank, Thug and 4 others like this.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrchick For This Useful Post:

    Dieseld (03-21-2017)

  11. #5169
    Senior Member ejmolitor37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Knoxville,IA
    Posts
    1,352
    Thanked: 338

    Default

    I dig it that is cool! Let us know how she does
    Addison and Dieseld like this.
    Nothing is fool proof, to a sufficiently talented fool...

  12. #5170
    Senior Member Mrchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    1,078
    Thanked: 142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ejmolitor37 View Post
    I dig it that is cool! Let us know how she does
    Will do. Thanks
    Addison likes this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •