Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Scuttle/mug/bowl?

  1. #11
    Senior Member blabbermouth Substance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gladstone QLD AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    3,178
    Thanked: 782

    Default

    I have only ever used a bowl first a thin Stainless steel bowl now & currently have a 4" stone bowl to help lather building
    I just put some hot water in the sink & sit the bowl in it & it works fine
    haven't been able justify to myself buying a $100 or more fancy bowl with a built is hot water cup (scuttle)
    Name:  iphone photos 17372.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  38.3 KB
    Hirlau likes this.
    Saved,
    to shave another day.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Substance View Post
    I have only ever used a bowl first a thin Stainless steel bowl now & currently have a 4" stone bowl to help lather building
    I just put some hot water in the sink & sit the bowl in it & it works fine
    haven't been able justify to myself buying a $100 or more fancy bowl with a built is hot water cup (scuttle)
    Name:  iphone photos 17372.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  38.3 KB
    Fortunately for my bf, he doesn't have to justify it
    Substance likes this.

  3. #13
    Member roden011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    45
    Thanked: 7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegirlfriend View Post
    Fortunately for my bf, he doesn't have to justify it
    Lucky guy!
    "Get busy livin', or get busy dying." - Andy

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57
    Thanked: 4

    Default

    Personally I use a scuttle and love it! I use it like a bowl in the summer months and in the winter months I put the hot water in the reservoir to keep the lather nice and warm. Nothing for me is more luxurious than nice warm lather on your face on a cold winter morning. I have a bigger one like Lynn mentioned and it keeps the lather nice and warm for my three pass shave. I also like how the scuttle looks in my bathroom. With the straight edge blades, the strop hanging and the can of shaving cream to me it gives my bathroom more of a old school look. my 2 cents

    Greg
    Substance likes this.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quidditchfan073 View Post
    Personally I use a scuttle and love it! I use it like a bowl in the summer months and in the winter months I put the hot water in the reservoir to keep the lather nice and warm. Nothing for me is more luxurious than nice warm lather on your face on a cold winter morning. I have a bigger one like Lynn mentioned and it keeps the lather nice and warm for my three pass shave. I also like how the scuttle looks in my bathroom. With the straight edge blades, the strop hanging and the can of shaving cream to me it gives my bathroom more of a old school look. my 2 cents

    Greg
    We live in Alaska, so it will be cold as balls for a few months yet. I like the scuttles from Georgetown Pottery.
    Substance likes this.

  6. #16
    Senior Member feltspanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    707
    Thanked: 92

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •