Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Sterilization and Self honing vs Honemeister

  1. #21
    Member KempieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regularjoe View Post
    I just wanted to say this post tickled me a bit. It reminded me of myself in a way. We get on SRP, we ask our question, then we go ahead and do whatever it is we were going to do to begin with. Then we come back to SRP when it didn't go the way we hoped it would. lol. I briefly read the posts, and saw a couple people told you to stay away from bleach. Ah well, such is life I guess. Just know you're not alone. In seven months on here, I can tell you, 98 percent of the advice you get from here is going to be 100 percent correct. The other 2 percent is from people like me who think we know something. I know it's a bit late, but I've never done more than soap, water, and an alchohol swipe and I've not caught anything. It'd be safe to bet I've forgotten all about sterilization a couple times, and I'm still just as healthy as the day I put the Mach3 in the cabinet. In fact, my skin is in better condition than it ever was. Remember that part about the 2 percent though, when considering my post contents.

    Justin
    Justin here and many more are absolutely right. I got a bit over enthousiastic and decided to just go with some method and totally picked the wrong one.. Though lesson learned this way..

    I'll get some polish later and see how much of the damage I can restore. Thanks for the heads up anyways!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Johnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanked: 196

    Default

    Wow! We really helped you out. Do you have any medical problems you want advice on?(:-)
    regularjoe likes this.

  3. #23
    Member KempieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Unless you're a penis reduction expert I guess I'm good to go..

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    213
    Thanked: 32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KempieG View Post
    Justin here and many more are absolutely right. I got a bit over enthousiastic and decided to just go with some method and totally picked the wrong one.. Though lesson learned this way..

    I'll get some polish later and see how much of the damage I can restore. Thanks for the heads up anyways!
    If very light staining I have one suggestion that may help. I have used it to remove stains on high carbon steel used for food. Nothing as damaging as bleach, so your results may differ.

    Mother's Aluminum and Mag Polish (just what I used, but probably not the only thing that works)


    Most important to use a clean, high quality polishing cloth or microfiber. A rough/dirty cloth and too much pressure and you'll be adding a ton of scratches to your stains.

  5. #25
    Member KempieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Do you think it will leave the markings on the blade intact? They are not stamped..

    Also I'm not in the US but I'll try to find a decent alternative tomorrow.

  6. #26
    Natty Boh dave5225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KempieG View Post
    Unless you're a penis reduction expert I guess I'm good to go..
    I'm sure Lorena Bobbit can help you out
    regularjoe likes this.
    Greetings , from Dundalk , Maryland . The place where normal people , fear to go .

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    213
    Thanked: 32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KempieG View Post
    Do you think it will leave the markings on the blade intact? They are not stamped..

    Also I'm not in the US but I'll try to find a decent alternative tomorrow.
    A very mildly abrasive polish should not take off the markings. It is very very slowly removing metal, so if you go by hand you'll be able to see if there is anything bad happening to the markings long before any major damage. Is the damage isolated in a way that you could tape off parts and work directly on the stain?

    I'd be really more worried about catching your hand on the edge and causing major injury. Be careful, don't rush.

  8. #28
    Member KempieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxguyusa View Post
    A very mildly abrasive polish should not take off the markings. It is very very slowly removing metal, so if you go by hand you'll be able to see if there is anything bad happening to the markings long before any major damage. Is the damage isolated in a way that you could tape off parts and work directly on the stain?

    I'd be really more worried about catching your hand on the edge and causing major injury. Be careful, don't rush.
    There were alot of small stains all over the blade.. I used a mildly abrasive polish and it looks awesome again!

    Threw out a shave just now, it's not shave ready so I'll have to have it honed anyway..

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    213
    Thanked: 32

    Default

    Good to hear you have it back to original condition.

    Next time, barbicide.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •