Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Face nicker RichZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanked: 32

    Default silvertip badger brush

    A while back I answered a newbie question saying I thought getting any badger brush was good enough. Well This week I visited my sister and brought my str8 razor and used my first badger brush I had bought that I stored in my shaving kit. Well compared to the silver tip badger brush I have it sucked. I also want to add that the silvertip was my father's brush and has to be at least 40 years old. My conclusion spend the money and get the better brush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member blabbermouth rtaylor61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Rich,

    I agree with you to a point. I have 3 supposedly silver tip brushes. I love them all. But there are times I want a brush to be "scratchy", not "floppy". The best comparison I can give would be a silvertip vs. an Omega Boar brush, the difference being that the "scratchy" badger would be better at holding water. Having said that...it is hard to beat a good silvertip!

    RT

  3. #3
    Face nicker RichZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanked: 32

    Default

    Randy,

    I can see your point. I just didn't remember how the best badger worked in comparison to a silvertip. I do make one statement I don't like scratchy in the brush. As for floppy the best badger is much floppier than silvertip.

  4. #4
    Senior Member blabbermouth rtaylor61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Rich,

    My problem is I'm looking for a badger brush that will exfoliate my face! Don't want to use it a lot, and don't want to pay a lot. I bought a C&E Edwin Jagger on ebay yesterday, a travel brush, for $25, hoping it's what I am looking. But on other days, I love the luxurious feel of a good badger.

    RT

  5. #5
    The triple smoker
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    445
    Thanked: 4

    Default

    "But on other days, I love the luxurious feel of a good badger."

    Yes, but will it return your phone calls? ;-)

    I do agree in regards to brushes. My Vulfixx and SMF brushes see the most use by far. Now about that scottish cup...



    Wayne

  6. #6
    Face nicker RichZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanked: 32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor61
    Rich,

    My problem is I'm looking for a badger brush that will exfoliate my face! Don't want to use it a lot, and don't want to pay a lot. I bought a C&E Edwin Jagger on ebay yesterday, a travel brush, for $25, hoping it's what I am looking. But on other days, I love the luxurious feel of a good badger.

    RT

    I hear you. I use a boar for that. Just not too often. My Best Badger is my travel brush.

  7. #7
    Senior Member superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,950
    Thanked: 16

    Default

    Since this tread is quiet for a while, I am gonna post here...

    Today I got a wonderful NOP (new-old-present) from my gal. A while ago she gave me this shaving set her father got as a present way back, maybe 10-15 years ago, and never used it. It had Gilette Sensor (or Plus) handle, soap bowl and this weard, tightly packed brush. I discarded the brush as a colored boar bristles one, and since it was sheding some hair dry, never used it. Today, passing by, I grabed the brush and soak it, just to see what happens. It soaked huge amount of water, to my surprise. Gave it a wash, shaked the water out, and guess what, it bloomed into full blown silvertip! How's that for a surprise. Just when I thought I don't need another brush



    Nenad

  8. #8
    Senior Member ForestryProf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Auburn, AL
    Posts
    839
    Thanked: 8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    Since this tread is quiet for a while, I am gonna post here...

    Today I got a wonderful NOP (new-old-present) from my gal. A while ago she gave me this shaving set her father got as a present way back, maybe 10-15 years ago, and never used it. It had Gilette Sensor (or Plus) handle, soap bowl and this weard, tightly packed brush. I discarded the brush as a colored boar bristles one, and since it was sheding some hair dry, never used it. Today, passing by, I grabed the brush and soak it, just to see what happens. It soaked huge amount of water, to my surprise. Gave it a wash, shaked the water out, and guess what, it bloomed into full blown silvertip! How's that for a surprise. Just when I thought I don't need another brush


    Nenad
    Nenad, you dog. The only thing I ever find when going through presents from my old girlfriends is my wife giving me the evil eye .
    Ed

  9. #9
    Senior Member superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,950
    Thanked: 16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForestryProf
    Nenad, you dog. The only thing I ever find when going through presents from my old girlfriends is my wife giving me the evil eye .
    Ed
    Just tell your lady that you got that underware for her

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •