Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,215 of 1215
Like Tree1368Likes

Thread: How many people CCW here?

  1. #1211
    At this point in time... gssixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    25,221
    Thanked: 12408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    This has huge implications if passed

    GOP lawmaker introduces bill to allow lawmakers to carry guns

    The next logical step would be National recognition of all CCW holders just like your DL

    Can you imagine not having to double check all the Reciprocity laws for your trip to see where you can and can't carry ...
    "No amount of money spent on a Stone can ever replace the value of the time it takes learning to use it properly"
    Very Respectfully - Glen

    Proprietor - GemStar Custom Razors Honing/Restores/Regrinds Website

  2. #1212
    Moderator Hirlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    13,410
    Thanked: 3449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gssixgun View Post
    This has huge implications if passed

    GOP lawmaker introduces bill to allow lawmakers to carry guns

    The next logical step would be National recognition of all CCW holders just like your DL

    Can you imagine not having to double check all the Reciprocity laws for your trip to see where you can and can't carry ...
    It would be nice if the bill passed & it opened a door that led to a "nation wide" carry permit(preferable in my opinion) or recognition of state carry permits among all states(I don't see this ever happening in all states).

    If it is passed , I see it following the path of HR-218 that Bush Jr. signed in 2004. Giving carry rights to Congressmen & Senators, who most will not carry regardless.

    https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-...house-bill/218

    The bill is a knee jerk reaction to the incident , sadly.
    gssixgun likes this.

  3. #1213
    Senior Moderator JimmyHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,558
    Thanked: 11011

    Default

    Not a good idea. What would the criminals in Chicago, DC, NYC do if everyone were given the opportunity to defend themselves ?
    EMC45 and ScottGoodman like this.
    Be careful how you treat people on your way up, you may meet them again on your way back down.

  4. #1214
    Senior Member blabbermouth ChrisL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,442
    Thanked: 832

    Default

    A national CCW IMO would seem to reflect what I would argue most people would say the intent of 2A was. A move toward federalizing anything from education, health care, etc gets my Spidey senses tingling.....my concern would be what would seem like shoring up individual freedom with national CCW today could perhaps be messed with in the future from a federal level hurting individual freedom at some point?? It's a dilemma to be sure.

    I'm torn on the idea. Certainly it would be more convenient and more free to travel anywhere in the U.S. without having to preemptively navigate each state's current laws on the issue. I'm just wondering if federalizing something that has a positive effect today could open a door for having an even greater negative effect 'tomorrow'.....
    Last edited by ChrisL; 06-26-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    "Blues fallin' down like hail." Robert Johnson
    "Aw, Pretty Boy, can't you show me nuthin but surrender?" Patti Smith

  5. #1215
    Moderator Hirlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    13,410
    Thanked: 3449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gssixgun View Post
    This has huge implications if passed

    GOP lawmaker introduces bill to allow lawmakers to carry guns

    The next logical step would be National recognition of all CCW holders just like your DL

    Can you imagine not having to double check all the Reciprocity laws for your trip to see where you can and can't carry ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirlau View Post
    It would be nice if the bill passed & it opened a door that led to a "nation wide" carry permit(preferable in my opinion) or recognition of state carry permits among all states(I don't see this ever happening in all states).

    If it is passed , I see it following the path of HR-218 that Bush Jr. signed in 2004. Giving carry rights to Congressmen & Senators, who most will not carry regardless.

    https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-...house-bill/218

    The bill is a knee jerk reaction to the incident , sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    A national CCW IMO would seem to reflect what I would argue most people would say the intent of 2A was. A move toward federalizing anything from education, health care, etc gets my Spidey senses tingling.....my concern would be what would seem like shoring up individual freedom with national CCW today could perhaps be messed with in the future from a federal level hurting individual freedom at some point?? It's a dilemma to be sure.

    I'm torn on the idea. Certainly it would be more convenient and more free to travel anywhere in the U.S. without having to preemptively navigate each state's current laws on the issue. I'm just wondering if federalizing something that has a positive effect today could open a door for having an even greater negative effect 'tomorrow'.....
    I understood Glen's post # 1211 to focus around the possibility of easing the conditions of "Concealed Carry" from state to state. My post was not to dive into legalities of a national carry permit , nor will I discuss the intent of the 2nd Amendment , as I understand it to be.
    My post was simply to state that the possibility of a national carry permit was there, but extremely remote.

    I will not discuss gun control through the use of permits; prohibited by SRP rules of conduct on firearms threads.

    In this thread we can discuss permits and how or where to obtain them. We can link to laws that guide their use; that's about it.
    JimmyHAD likes this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •