Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Escher that Can Be Used with Oil?!??

  1. #21
    Senior Member blabbermouth Leatherstockiings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rural Missouri
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanked: 933

    Default

    Can anyone read the two words above the trademark on the non-Escher hone? Are they a name?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    947
    Thanked: 204

    Default

    That's just basically "Registered Trademark" in German. The one that looks like a name to me looks like it says "Marcus Depuser" or "Marcus Deposer." However that could well be "Registered Trademark" in some other language.
    Last edited by eKretz; 07-19-2017 at 05:15 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to eKretz For This Useful Post:

    Toroblanco (07-28-2017)

  4. #23
    Senior Member doorsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanked: 501

    Default Escher that Can Be Used with Oil?!??

    It says Marque Deposee a french Term for Registered Trademark

    I might shed some light into that riddle here, actually i have to search thru my Escher Database to give some details.....
    Last edited by doorsch; 07-20-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    ███▓▒░░.RAZORLOVESTONES.░░▒▓███

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to doorsch For This Useful Post:

    Toroblanco (07-28-2017)

  6. #24
    Senior Member doorsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanked: 501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doorsch View Post
    It says Marque Deposee a french Term for Registered Trademark

    I might shed some light into that riddle here, actually i have to search thru my Escher Database to give some details.....
    Well had to do a bit of search, as Hatzicho already mentioned i would guess that it might be a synthethic stone....
    i found those Pictures of the "Ideal" and "Perfect" Razor hones, which showed the same Artwork, or nearly an identical artwork, i dont remember where i have seen those in one of the old catalogues...all are advertised with the old silver Medal from 1903 Linz and 1903 Hannover and all have the "usage with oil or water" printed on the instructions....actually the stones themselves look less green and to tend to go more into a brown color.









    Last edited by doorsch; 07-29-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    ███▓▒░░.RAZORLOVESTONES.░░▒▓███

  7. #25
    Senior Moderator JimmyHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,559
    Thanked: 11012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doorsch View Post
    Well had to do a bit of search, as Hatzicho already mentioned i would guess that it might be a synthethic stone....
    i found those Pictures of the "Ideal" and "Perfect" Razor hones, which showed the same Artwork, or nearly an identical artwork, i dont remember where i have seen those in one of the old catalogues...all are advertised with the old silver Medal from 1903 Linz and 1903 Hannover and all have the "usage with oil or water" printed on the instructions....actually the stones themselves look less green and to tend to go more into a brown color.
    So is this an Escher product, or a company appropriating an approximation of the Escher label to ride their coattails so to speak ........
    doorsch likes this.
    Be careful how you treat people on your way up, you may meet them again on your way back down.

  8. #26
    illegitimum non carborundum Utopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    10,907
    Thanked: 3505
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I'm pretty sure I've got a Perfect hone somewhere with that same set of labels.
    doorsch likes this.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Utopian For This Useful Post:

    doorsch (07-30-2017)

  10. #27
    Senior Member doorsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanked: 501

    Default Escher that Can Be Used with Oil?!??

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHAD View Post
    So is this an Escher product, or a company appropriating an approximation of the Escher label to ride their coattails so to speak ........
    Not sure here, iam sure ive seen a Catalog with the Perfect Hone right now i cant remember which catalogue it was....

    The "Ideal" hones were also sold from Apex, but those were double sided hones and they did not show the Barber Scene....
    Last edited by doorsch; 07-30-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    JimmyHAD likes this.
    ███▓▒░░.RAZORLOVESTONES.░░▒▓███

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •