Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Escher Artificial !

  1. #21
    The original Skolor and Gentileman. gugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,689
    Thanked: 3301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desol View Post
    I thought the whole purpose to shaving with a razor was to SAVE money.
    How is shaving saving money? Obviously not-shaving is the way to go if you're concerned with spending.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    no doubt

    1 razor, cream, 1 brush, 1 hone, 1 strop and the proper experience....vs....spending a lifetime amount of $$ on disposables or the likes. But i think you knew what i meant...

    For me...shaving with a straight razor doesn't have anything to do with collecting...it has to do with practicality, the shave and cost. Not to sound like a jerk but...does that make any sense?

  3. #23
    The original Skolor and Gentileman. gugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,689
    Thanked: 3301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desol View Post
    no doubt

    1 razor, cream, 1 brush, 1 hone, 1 strop and the proper experience....vs....spending a lifetime amount of $$ on disposables or the likes. But i think you knew what i meant...

    For me...shaving with a straight razor doesn't have anything to do with collecting...it has to do with practicality, the shave and cost. Not to sound like a jerk but...does that make any sense?
    Yeah funny thing, for me shaving with straight razor has nothing to do with saving money and next to nothing with collecting.

    Though, I do not expect that everybody else is here for the exact same reasons that I am.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    So, what is shaving with straight razor about for you, if not for some of the basic reasons that i put forth...nostalgia?

    Just wondering.
    sharptonn likes this.

  5. #25
    At this point in time... gssixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    25,276
    Thanked: 12447
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desol View Post
    no doubt

    1 razor, cream, 1 brush, 1 hone, 1 strop and the proper experience....vs....spending a lifetime amount of $$ on disposables or the likes. But i think you knew what i meant...

    For me...shaving with a straight razor doesn't have anything to do with collecting...it has to do with practicality, the shave and cost. Not to sound like a jerk but...does that make any sense?

    Let me give you a little hint:

    When a New member makes a statement like that, the first place I look is here, to see how they introduced themselves to SRP and what their experience is or at least what they claim it is...


    Member Introductions

    sharptonn and Martin103 like this.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Lol. Much respect...

    ..was just sayin.
    sharptonn and Martin103 like this.

  7. #27
    " Atta Boy!!" sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    18,580
    Thanked: 5972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugi View Post
    Yeah funny thing, for me shaving with straight razor has nothing to do with saving money and next to nothing with collecting.

    Though, I do not expect that everybody else is here for the exact same reasons that I am.
    I love to shave with something antiquated, preferaby historical, sharp, and beautiful in hand which delivers the Finest Shave in the Land. That's my Bag!
    Last edited by sharptonn; 02-05-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    JimmyHAD, Martin103 and RoyceH like this.
    Look at the Movember auctions in the BST!
    Buy and/or sell for a good cause!
    http://straightrazorplace.com/movember-auctions/

  8. #28
    The original Skolor and Gentileman. gugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,689
    Thanked: 3301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desol View Post
    So, what is shaving with straight razor about for you, if not for some of the basic reasons that i put forth...nostalgia?

    Just wondering.
    Well, it's for the most fundamental reason possible - getting the most comfortable shave. My face feels better without hair than with it, and it feels best if I've removed the later with a straight razor compared to any other alternative that I've tried.
    Terje K and sharptonn like this.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to gugi For This Useful Post:

    sharptonn (02-05-2013)

  10. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    I think the majority would certain agree on that reasoning; i have yet to experience it.

  11. #30
    The original Skolor and Gentileman. gugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,689
    Thanked: 3301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    May be focusing on stones and steels almost as if they have magical properties, instead of on learning how to shave, could have something to do with it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •