Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help requisted about translation of a paper on kamisori

  1. #1
    Senior Member Fikira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    382
    Thanked: 130

    Default Help requisted about translation of a paper on kamisori

    Hi,

    Recently I've got a new kamisori with a paper attached to it,
    does anyone know what is written on it?
    Seems like an ad of something...

    Maybe it could help for dating the kamisori

    Thanks!Name:  DSCN3293.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  103.9 KBName:  DSCN3319.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  54.1 KBName:  DSCN3320.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  73.2 KBName:  DSCN3330.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  105.7 KBName:  DSCN3332.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  98.8 KBName:  DSCN3341.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  49.2 KBName:  DSCN3343.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  17.5 KB

  2. #2
    Senior Member Fikira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    382
    Thanked: 130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fikira View Post
    Hi,

    Recently I've got a new kamisori with a paper attached to it,
    does anyone know what is written on it?
    Seems like an ad of something...

    Maybe it could help for dating the kamisori

    Thanks!Name:  DSCN3293.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  103.9 KBName:  DSCN3319.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  54.1 KBName:  DSCN3320.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  73.2 KBName:  DSCN3330.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  105.7 KBName:  DSCN3332.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  98.8 KBName:  DSCN3341.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  49.2 KBName:  DSCN3343.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  17.5 KB
    Anyone?...

  3. #3
    Member ZethLent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    658
    Thanked: 335

    Default

    The paper has nothing to do with the razor in content, I don't know how one would date the partial content on it. I doubt it is connected (date-wise) at all to the razor.

    FYI it is an ad for either Chewing Gum or some kind of Breath Mint.
    Fikira and Substance like this.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZethLent For This Useful Post:

    Fikira (12-10-2013)

  5. #4
    Senior Member Fikira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    382
    Thanked: 130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZethLent View Post
    The paper has nothing to do with the razor in content, I don't know how one would date the partial content on it. I doubt it is connected (date-wise) at all to the razor.

    FYI it is an ad for either Chewing Gum or some kind of Breath Mint.
    That was also my idea, indeed, that it was an ad of something,
    I just thought knowing what it was, that I COULD place this ad/ paper in a particular time frame
    AND also the razor as such...

    But thank you!

    Kindest regards

  6. #5
    Senior Member Lemur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Gotland, Visby
    Posts
    1,888
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Sorry I can't help with the dating but I do get your idea, made before the ad was in the paper.
    It's a good way to narrow the time frame.
    Try to find some site that translates for free and see if they can help.
    Fikira likes this.
    Hur Svenska stålet biter kom låt oss pröfva på.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Fikira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    382
    Thanked: 130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Sorry I can't help with the dating but I do get your idea, made before the ad was in the paper.
    It's a good way to narrow the time frame.
    Try to find some site that translates for free and see if they can help.
    Thank you! Will try!

  8. #7
    YGG
    YGG is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    ZethLent is right, it is an advertisement for breath mind called JINTAN.

    I would personally date it post WW2, probably 60s or 70s.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to YGG For This Useful Post:

    Fikira (12-10-2013)

  10. #8
    Senior Member Lemur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Gotland, Visby
    Posts
    1,888
    Thanked: 222
    Hur Svenska stålet biter kom låt oss pröfva på.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemur For This Useful Post:

    Fikira (12-10-2013)

  12. #9
    YGG
    YGG is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Absolutely. The kamisori might be older than the paper itself, but not that much I think.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to YGG For This Useful Post:

    Fikira (12-10-2013)

  14. #10
    Senior Member Fikira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    382
    Thanked: 130

    Default

    Really impressive!!!

    Seems that the logo has changed over the years, but I haven't found the correct one yet

    Thank you!!! Just tried to seek for 1 hour to find the advertisement, nothing yet, but it seems promising
    I have just picked up the restoration effort this week and I found the kanji!
    It is a "Kameju" kamisori of the brand "Tsurayuki"!

    It should, could, would be made by the maker "Ichihara-san" (master "Kiyotaka Ichihara"),
    which made "Tsurayaki" and "Henkotsu" razors! But when? ...
    It is a dream that we could have a growing database for the kamisori makers, like we have for the
    western razors (the historical directories,...)

    Have a bit work to do but I will let you see the result

    In the mean while I will seek further!

    Really much thanks guys!

    Kindest regards
    Last edited by Fikira; 12-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •