Results 1 to 2 of 2
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Tommy12488
  • 1 Post By oldblades

Thread: Anyone know what this is or where its from?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Thanked: 3

    Default Anyone know what this is or where its from?

    My neighbor brought this to me yesterday asking if there was anything i could find out about it. He said he isnt sure if it was his dads or his dads dads. Anyway its a really solid knife and ive never seen anything like it before, it has a sheath that folds out that the blade folds into. When your not using the sheath it doubles as a means to lock the blade in position so the only way to close the knife is to unfold the sheath from the handle. There is nothing as far as stamps or names or any markings on the knife so i have no idea what it is??
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Hirlau, RezDog and gkofsky like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member oldblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanked: 105


    That is what is referred to as folding bowie or folding hunter. Style came around early to mid 19th century. Was copied a lot.
    Try looking in knife forms and you could possibly find more information there.

    Hirlau likes this.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldblades For This Useful Post:

    Hirlau (02-23-2014), Tommy12488 (02-24-2014)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts