Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By TheGeek
  • 1 Post By TheGeek
  • 2 Post By ScottGoodman
  • 1 Post By TheGeek

Thread: lansky blademedic any feedback?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Oustoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    424
    Thanked: 11

    Default lansky blademedic any feedback?

    hi,

    since i hone my razors, i can not sharpen my knives, hard to find the angle to sharpen them. i was using DMT for my edc but it's not good enough to polish the edge. i was looking on the web, i found these lansky blade medic. i'd like to buy one but any of you used this tool? it works well? it's simple to use it?


    Name:  lansky-blademedic-knife-12322.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  23.7 KB

  2. #2
    Fizzy Laces Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oustoura View Post
    hi,

    since i hone my razors, i can not sharpen my knives, hard to find the angle to sharpen them. i was using DMT for my edc but it's not good enough to polish the edge. i was looking on the web, i found these lansky blade medic. i'd like to buy one but any of you used this tool? it works well? it's simple to use it?


    Name:  lansky-blademedic-knife-12322.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  23.7 KB
    I use one regularly in fact I carry it with my EDC.

    It does a fine job at getting my knife sharp enough for use.

    I will be honest, I could probably get a better edge with my stones, but the edge is more than sufficient for my every day needs.

    I've only used the carbide pull through sharpener and the diamond coated steel.

    To put it in short though. It works well enough I am adding one to my walking bag for the knives I carry up hills.

    Geek

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member Oustoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    424
    Thanked: 11

    Default

    actually i was thinking to buy it for quick sharpening. heard some good feedback about it on web but i was still not sure if it works well.

  4. #4
    Fizzy Laces Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oustoura View Post
    actually i was thinking to buy it for quick sharpening. heard some good feedback about it on web but i was still not sure if it works well.
    It does work well. It gives a perfectly serviceable edge quickly and easily.

    Geek

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Oustoura likes this.

  5. #5
    aka shooter74743 ScottGoodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SE Oklahoma/NE Texas
    Posts
    6,448
    Thanked: 1458
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I am one of those purist who says "yuck" at that contraption, however I do use a jig system to sharpen my knives. Fortunately, I can freehand on a small pocket stone too..
    EMC45 and Steel like this.
    Northeastern Texas & Southeastern Oklahoma Mentor/Helper...PM me if I can assist you.
    God Bless,
    Scott

  6. #6
    Fizzy Laces Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGoodman View Post
    I am one of those purist who says "yuck" at that contraption, however I do use a jig system to sharpen my knives. Fortunately, I can freehand on a small pocket stone too..
    I have no doubt. In fact I know for a fact I can get a better edge from a stone. But for convenience and pocketability. This provides a good edge for every day use.

    I was similar to you hah. I only got this because it came free with a lansky world legal knife. But happy I did.

    Geek

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheGeek; 09-25-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    ScottGoodman likes this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •