View RSS Feed


  1. Heinrich Herder, Solingen and some members of his family.

    by , 01-30-2013 at 04:10 PM
    The company of Heinrich Herder was founded in about 1806(?). The business was closed after 1972. I couldn't find the exact date. Registered 9th July 1866, located Solingen, Schützenstrasse 26.
    H. Herder, concerned in peacetime with the manufacture of tools and tableware (and of daggers and dagger components in the years of the Third Reich).

    Heinrich Herder is one more member of Herder's family:
    Friedrich Herder ...

    Updated 01-30-2013 at 04:12 PM by manah

    History of razors manufacturers.
  2. Johann Breidohr, Rasiermesserfabrik.

    by , 12-24-2012 at 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    Breidohr began his trade activities in 1914-1918, and was registered 24th May, 1924.
    In 1928, he was listed as manufacturer of cutlery, razors and razor blades.
    1935-1986, Johann Breidohr, Rasiermesserfabrik located Friedrich-Wilhelm-Strasse 55, Solingen, Germany.
    Brands: Breidora, Las Tres Cruses.
    Trademarks: Les ††† Croix, Loes ††† Cruses (pat. №277774, 1921).
  3. Abraham Leon, Sheffield.

    by , 12-16-2012 at 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    Abraham Leon was a merchant and cutlery manufacturer in Solly Street, where he had been based since at least 1849. He had been born in about 1819 in Mecklenburg, Germany, and probably came to Sheffield with his parents, Abraham and Eve Leon. The later were living in Lambert Street. By 1861, Abraham Leon in Solly Street had married Henrietta (from Hanover) and both became naturalised. Leon made rapid progress. With the income from selling table cutlery, razors, spring knives and Bowies, he soon had
  4. Chas. A. Strelinger & Co., 1895 "A few words about razors".

    by , 12-03-2012 at 03:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    The article from A Book of Tools by Chas. A. Strelinger & Co., 1895:

    And Tools and Tool Chests by Chas. A. Strelinger & Co., 1895:

  5. W. & S. Horrabin, Sheffield.

    by , 12-01-2012 at 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    Samuel Horrabin was first listed in 1817 as a pen and pocket kinife maker in Hawley Croft. By 1822, he was based in Scotland Street. By 1833, Samuel had been joined by his younger brother, William. Besides manufacturing pocket knives and sportsman's knives, they were also merchants. Their address was Red Hill Works, Radford Street.
    The trademark was a picture of a Phoenix. In 1840s, the company had a New York office in John Street,
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast