View RSS Feed


  1. Camille Pagé.

    by , 05-01-2012 at 08:18 PM
    Camille Pagé (1844-1917) - cutler and encyclopaedist, who made a great work. He collected since 1896 to 1904 all info about profession in six volumes.

    Pages with razors from Camille Pagé books:

    Updated 05-01-2012 at 08:26 PM by manah

    History of razors manufacturers.
  2. Gerbruder Krusius.

    by , 04-28-2012 at 09:23 PM
    Primrose trademark was used by Gebrüder Krusius (Krusius Brothers) company. The company was founded in 1856, in Solingen. In about 1889, Ewald Krusius and some other members of the family opened an import agency in New York City at 321 Broadway.
    In 1894, they moved to 373 Broadway, and by 1906 were at 296 Broadway. They remained at that address until after 1916.
    Hulda Krusius joined the import firm, and after the death of Ewald, the firm was moved to 11 First Street, Weehawken, New Jersey. ...

    Updated 12-24-2012 at 10:02 PM by manah

    History of razors manufacturers.
  3. Gebrüder Weyersberg, 1787-1883, 1902-1925.

    by , 03-06-2012 at 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    Gebrüder Weyersberg, 1787-1883, 1902-1925.
    Solingen-Höhscheide (1787-1883),
    Solingen (1902-1909),
    Solingen-Ohligs (1925).
    Gebrüder Weyersberg was founded on 1st January 1787 by the brothers Wilhelm, Peter and Johann-Ludwig Weyersberg. The company initially manufactured large quantities of knife ans sword blades - indeed, it's recorded that in 1786 the Weyersberg family had produced 17% of Solingen's blades - and with the receipt of orders from France and Italy, a permanent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  4. Landers, Frary & Clark.

    by , 03-03-2012 at 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    A short history of the company:
    The Landers, Frary & Clark company was formed in 1862, when the firm of Landers and Smith ourchased Frary and Carey.
    They were reorganized in 1865 as Landers Frary & Clark.
    In 1866 they purchased a factory from the Meriden Cutlery Co., and began making table cutlery, and fixed blade knives.
    In 1909, they purchased the trademark Universal from Levi T.Snow of New Haven, Conn.
    In 1912, Landers Frary & Clark purchased the
  5. C. Lütters & Co.

    by , 02-23-2012 at 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manah View Post
    The C. Lütters & Co., Löwenwerk was founded in 1840 by Carl Lütters, registered 28th May 1862.
    Located Solingen, Bismarckstrasse 3-7.
    The company is still in business.
    Stamp: a couchant lion.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast