Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 135
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: A nice day at the Antiques Fair

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mrchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outback View Post
    Not too bad, had to use another for around , and inside the goat. But not as close as a normal straight. Though it was the first time using it. It will definitely teach you about proper shaving angles. Too much= no Shave,
    Too little= no shave.
    Thanks. I look forewarn to figuring mine out.

  2. #22
    Senior Member xiaotuzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanked: 907

    Default

    Visited one of my regular antiques stores today and one of the owners was speaking with a couple gentlemen. She introduced us and explained they were dealers who just brought in some furniture. She said, "Tell them what you collect." So I told them and one of the guys says real casually, "You mean the old straight razor type? (while motioning a shaving motion near his face) I have a bunch somewhere, real early ones, nice ones. I guess I've had that box of razors put away for 30 years now, I just need to find it. It's buried somewhere, I have a lot of stuff to go through." Man would I like to see that if he ever finds it! I left my number with them... we'll see.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Panama60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    358
    Thanked: 96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotuzi View Post
    Man would I like to see that if he ever finds it!
    You're not the only one, Garrison.
    Mrchick and xiaotuzi like this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mrchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotuzi View Post
    Visited one of my regular antiques stores today and one of the owners was speaking with a couple gentlemen. She introduced us and explained they were dealers who just brought in some furniture. She said, "Tell them what you collect." So I told them and one of the guys says real casually, "You mean the old straight razor type? (while motioning a shaving motion near his face) I have a bunch somewhere, real early ones, nice ones. I guess I've had that box of razors put away for 30 years now, I just need to find it. It's buried somewhere, I have a lot of stuff to go through." Man would I like to see that if he ever finds it! I left my number with them... we'll see.
    Same thing happened to me. The guy called me back and I bought all of this last Saturday.
    Along with the Curley and Torrey I posted earlier. I kind of went overboard.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrchick For This Useful Post:

    Hirlau (09-30-2016), xiaotuzi (09-30-2016)

  6. #25
    Moderator Hirlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    13,027
    Thanked: 3324

    Default

    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Name:  Say It Ain't So.gif
Views: 172
Size:  53.0 KB so unfair

  7. #26
    NZ's okayest dad 1997 Grazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Land of the long white cloud
    Posts
    2,353
    Thanked: 468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrchick View Post
    Same thing happened to me. The guy called me back and I bought all of this last Saturday.
    He didn't go by the name "Geezer" by any chance...


    Quote Originally Posted by Mrchick View Post
    I kind of went overboard.
    Ya think???
    Seriously, nice haul. Some beauties in there.
    HARRYWALLY and Mrchick like this.
    He wore rat-drawn shoes and an old Stetson hat.
    Drove a '28 Ford, had payments on that ~ Stagger Lee.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grazor For This Useful Post:

    Mrchick (09-30-2016)

  9. #27
    Senior Member Mrchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanked: 222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazor View Post
    He didn't go by the name "Geezer" by any chance...



    Ya think???
    Seriously, nice haul. Some beauties in there.
    Thank you!
    Grazor likes this.

  10. #28
    NZ's okayest dad 1997 Grazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Land of the long white cloud
    Posts
    2,353
    Thanked: 468

    Default

    Be interested to see the Norton razor hone, you may have hit the jackpot!
    Phrank likes this.
    He wore rat-drawn shoes and an old Stetson hat.
    Drove a '28 Ford, had payments on that ~ Stagger Lee.

  11. #29
    Senior Member rodb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,423
    Thanked: 364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrchick View Post
    I kind of went overboard.
    Keep what you like and sell the rest to fund further shopping adventures.


    REALLY nice find!!!

  12. #30
    Senior Member Maladroit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 101

    Default

    I know valuations are off limits but I'd have paid a grand or upwards and still considered them a bargain, especially considering that little item in the box in the 4th frame
    Grazor likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •