Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Electric Cutlery Co.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Brando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Suburb of Chicago
    Posts
    637
    Thanked: 184

    Default The Electric Cutlery Co.

    I have neve seen or heard of the Electric Cutlery Co. But when I seen it at an antique shop my R.A.D took over, had to have it. Its in all around pretty good condition. I thought it was pretty unique from the pictures on the scales to the shape of the razor. Does anyone know anything about this razor any help would be much appreicated.
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Oldnick and xiaotuzi like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member blabbermouth ChrisL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,443
    Thanked: 832

    Default

    Amazing razor. Congrats on your excellent find.
    '
    I only have one Electric and although it has interesting scales, condition wise it's not even in the same ballpark as yours.

    Name:  Picture 281.jpg
Views: 2485
Size:  23.3 KB

    Chris L
    "Blues fallin' down like hail." Robert Johnson
    "Aw, Pretty Boy, can't you show me nuthin but surrender?" Patti Smith

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisL For This Useful Post:

    Brando (05-04-2010)

  4. #3
    Senior Member Brando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Suburb of Chicago
    Posts
    637
    Thanked: 184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Amazing razor. Congrats on your excellent find.
    '
    I only have one Electric and although it has interesting scales, condition wise it's not even in the same ballpark as yours.

    Name:  Picture 281.jpg
Views: 2485
Size:  23.3 KB

    Chris L
    Those are interesting scales on your razor, what do ya think they are supposed to be?

  5. #4
    WORKSHOP:SOTD:CUSTOMS Maximilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,395
    Thanked: 3354

    Default

    The Electric Cutlery Company was an American razor, hardware, cutlery and manufacturer company, located in Newark, NJ. They produced the knives used in the Klondike Gold Rush. The Electric Co. produced razors between 1890 and 1920's.
    One of the trade marks used was Friedmann & Louterjung's which are also excellent razors.
    Last edited by Maximilian; 05-04-2010 at 04:08 AM.
    Max Sprecher
    əˌfisyəˈnädō | pərˈfekSH(ə)nəst | düvəl ləvər

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximilian For This Useful Post:

    Brando (05-04-2010), Steel (11-13-2016)

  7. #5
    Senior Moderator JimmyHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,564
    Thanked: 11021

    Default

    No jury would convict you. I would have jumped on that razor like a kangaroo if I had seen it. I love the blade but the scales do nothing for me. Anyhow, I see Electric Cutlery Co razors on ebay every now and then. They are stamped 'made in Newark,NJ' which is why I notice them. I used to live around there. Not sure if it is the same outfit but that is the nicest one I have seen. Not only in condition but the shoulderless blade. Great catch.
    Last edited by JimmyHAD; 05-04-2010 at 04:18 AM.
    rolodave and Oldnick like this.
    Be careful how you treat people on your way up, you may meet them again on your way back down.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyHAD For This Useful Post:

    Brando (05-04-2010)

  9. #6
    Antiquary manah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,529
    Thanked: 1774
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default

    The "Electric" logo.

    Tony, very beautiful razor. My congratulations.
    Alex Ts.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to manah For This Useful Post:

    Brando (05-04-2010)

  11. #7
    Senior Member Brando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Suburb of Chicago
    Posts
    637
    Thanked: 184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    The Electric Cutlery Company was an American razor, hardware, cutlery and manufacturer company, located in Newark, NJ. They produced the knives used in the Klondike Gold Rush. The Electric Co. produced razors between 1890 and 1920's.
    One of the trade marks used was Friedmann & Louterjung's which are also excellent razors.
    Thanks for the top notch info!!!

  12. #8
    Senior Member Brando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Suburb of Chicago
    Posts
    637
    Thanked: 184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHAD View Post
    No jury would convict you. I would have jumped on that razor like a kangaroo if I had seen it. I love the blade but the scales do nothing for me. Anyhow, I see Electric Cutlery Co razors on ebay every now and then. They are stamped 'made in Newark,NJ' which is why I notice them. I used to live around there. Not sure if it is the same outfit but that is the nicest one I have seen. Not only in condition but the shoulderless blade. Great catch.
    I have to agree. I it was the blade that did it for me not so much the scales. Ya, its from Newark NJ.
    Thanks Tony

  13. #9
    Senior Moderator JimmyHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,564
    Thanked: 11021

    Default

    Tony, is that razor marked made in Newark, NJ or is it marked Friedmann & Louterjung ?
    Be careful how you treat people on your way up, you may meet them again on your way back down.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyHAD For This Useful Post:

    Brando (05-04-2010)

  15. #10
    Senior Member Brando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Suburb of Chicago
    Posts
    637
    Thanked: 184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHAD View Post
    Tony, is that razor marked made in Newark, NJ or is it marked Friedmann & Louterjung ?
    Its marked Newark NJ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •