Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My beautiiful new Iwasaki

  1. #11
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roseville,Kali
    Posts
    10,432
    Thanked: 2023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinrazor View Post
    Fine fine, I'll use it before I send out the kamisori out to you. I sent you an email before I got home about the wisteria wrap, would it trouble you to remove it?
    Good call,than you will know the rest of the story when she gets back would not remove the wrap,JMO

  2. #12
    Not with my razor 🚫 SirStropalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Thanked: 567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinrazor View Post
    Fine fine, I'll use it before I send out the kamisori out to you.

    Hey Odin,

    You don't have to try a whole shave. Just shave one cheek maybe. That'll give you the feel of the original edge. Then when Glen's honed it you'll have an excellent comparison to share later on. It's just building a knowledge base that you'll draw on many times. Better to experience it than just read about it. Again my friend, enjoy that beautiful razor!!

  3. #13
    Member odinrazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    56
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    @Stropalot
    Yes sir, and thank you. Money well spent, in my opinion.

    @pix
    I'm actually not too fond of the wisteria wrap, and would rather hold onto the handle naked.
    SirStropalot likes this.

  4. #14
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roseville,Kali
    Posts
    10,432
    Thanked: 2023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinrazor View Post
    @Stropalot
    Yes sir, and thank you. Money well spent, in my opinion.

    @pix
    I'm actually not too fond of the wisteria wrap, and would rather hold onto the handle naked.
    Shaving naked is really not a good idea,Just sayin
    Lemur likes this.

  5. #15
    Member odinrazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    56
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelfixed View Post
    Shaving naked is really not a good idea,Just sayin
    I'll say it was a battle scar if something unfortunate happens to me.
    SirStropalot likes this.

  6. #16
    Senior Member blabbermouth niftyshaving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    3,076
    Thanked: 826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinrazor View Post
    I want that perfect edge before I try it out, wait a week or two and I'll love to try her out.
    In general.... try the edge right out of the box. Lay out the new blade and a backup.
    If you do not like the new edge finish with the backup.

    Two good thing happen. If the edge was already correct you did not mess it up.
    If the edge was not 100% you have a comparison to judge it against and a backup.

    For me the kamisori would be a new experience. I doubt I could hone it as well as
    the maker on my first try.

    After the first shave test or two... I would decide what to do next.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to niftyshaving For This Useful Post:

    odinrazor (04-08-2013)

  8. #17
    Member odinrazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    56
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niftyshaving View Post
    After the first shave test or two... I would decide what to do next.
    Great idea. I'll strop before it touches my face. I'm waiting on my new sample creams to test it out, so when I get it I'll use the new edge before I send it out.
    Last edited by odinrazor; 04-09-2013 at 12:12 AM.

  9. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Monroe, GA
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Been looking at these bad boys. Where did you find this razor? (store, location, etc) I see that SRD is out of stock. I would like to add one to my growing collection.
    "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." -Vince Lombardi

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    155
    Thanked: 14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadawg View Post
    Been looking at these bad boys. Where did you find this razor? (store, location, etc) I see that SRD is out of stock. I would like to add one to my growing collection.
    got this from invisible edge on there stock


    Due to the swordsmith being ill recently, we regret to say that these razor will no not be available until probably September 2013, sorry!

  11. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Monroe, GA
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shanky887614 View Post
    got this from invisible edge on there stock


    Due to the swordsmith being ill recently, we regret to say that these razor will no not be available until probably September 2013, sorry!
    Man, that sucks. Thanks for the info though.
    "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." -Vince Lombardi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •