Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Cyclists Anonymous

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Irving, Texas
    Posts
    53
    Thanked: 6

    Default

    I have not ridden much lately, but retirement and a move is in my near future. I have two rivendell bikes in 68cm. Both have Brooks seats and canvas bags. They have special pedals for riding barefoot. There is a bike path near my new residence.

  2. #22
    Senior Member monkeypuzzlebeefeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    wishaw, scotland
    Posts
    366
    Thanked: 54

    Default

    I cycle about 20 miles daily and hit the trails as often as I can. I'm lucky enough to live on the edge of woodland with some great single track trails and farm roads. Here's a video if anyone is interested

    http://youtu.be/2vbJkCHFcV8
    Last edited by monkeypuzzlebeefeater; 12-03-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    Arbroath likes this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member blabbermouth edhewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    7,929
    Thanked: 711
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    pushbikes
    This is a thread from a while ago, there are a few cyclists amongst us.
    Bread and water can so easily become tea and toast

  4. #24
    Senior Member Arbroath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edhewitt View Post
    pushbikes
    This is a thread from a while ago, there are a few cyclists amongst us.
    Push bikes eh? Interesting

  5. #25
    Senior Member blabbermouth edhewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    7,929
    Thanked: 711
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Push bikes eh? Interesting
    Yeah, I think the semantics got a bit interesting last time but a push bike and bicycle in this context are the same thing.
    Bread and water can so easily become tea and toast

  6. #26
    Alan LaVine
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    71
    Thanked: 7

    Default

    Long time cyclist here, having done many long distance tours, self-contained and otherwise. I'm a retro-grouch and proud of it. I like steel bikes that are comfortable for all day riding. Also into Rivendell bikes for that reason. Love to buy older "wrecks" from the 70's, 80's, 90's and restore them to good riding quality. I also took a frame building course at United Bicycle Institute and built me a lovely lugged steel frame.

    Although not part of the lycra/carbon fiber crowd, I do not judge. Anything that gets folks off their butts and outside on two wheels, is a good thing.

    Best,
    Alan

  7. #27
    Senior Member Arbroath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cigar460 View Post
    Long time cyclist here, having done many long distance tours, self-contained and otherwise. I'm a retro-grouch and proud of it. I like steel bikes that are comfortable for all day riding. Also into Rivendell bikes for that reason. Love to buy older "wrecks" from the 70's, 80's, 90's and restore them to good riding quality. I also took a frame building course at United Bicycle Institute and built me a lovely lugged steel frame.

    Although not part of the lycra/carbon fiber crowd, I do not judge. Anything that gets folks off their butts and outside on two wheels, is a good thing.

    Best,
    Alan
    That sounds like an amazing opportunity to construct a frame with your own two hands. Truly one of a kind and priceless.

    I'm right there with you. Even though I wear something similar to Spider-Man's costume, anyone pedaling 2 wheels is my friend. I smile, nod or wave to every cyclist I see, be it a 4 year old or an 84 year old.

    "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." --H.G. Wells

  8. #28
    Senior Moderator JimmyHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,563
    Thanked: 11021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Push bikes eh? Interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by edhewitt View Post
    Yeah, I think the semantics got a bit interesting last time but a push bike and bicycle in this context are the same thing.
    Here in the USA if we said, 'I ride a bike,' we would probably qualify it as a 'pedal' bike. I know I do when I mention to someone that I ride bikes. "The kind you pedal." Otherwise they might assume you're talking about a motorcycle. More popular here than bicycles.
    Be careful how you treat people on your way up, you may meet them again on your way back down.

  9. #29
    Senior Member blabbermouth tcrideshd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oakland Tn
    Posts
    4,306
    Thanked: 1037

    Default

    With you Roger, does it count that I put on over 200 miles a week ? Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  60.7 KB

    Tc
    Hirlau likes this.
    Ever wonder why you never see a motorcycle in front of a Shrinks office? ,,,,, then you have never ridden one "

  10. #30
    Senior Member Arbroath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcrideshd View Post
    With you Roger, does it count that I put on over 200 miles a week ? Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  60.7 KB

    Tc
    Is that carbon?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •