Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How I make Duck Scales

  1. #11
    " Atta Boy!!" sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    18,623
    Thanked: 5986

    Default

    Really. Some other way to do it.. Ask Gugi ! That's the ticket!
    Chevhead likes this.
    Look at the Movember auctions in the BST!
    Buy and/or sell for a good cause!
    http://straightrazorplace.com/movember-auctions/

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to sharptonn For This Useful Post:

    Chevhead (07-01-2014)

  3. #12
    Senior Member blabbermouth Chevhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upstate, New York
    Posts
    2,747
    Thanked: 707
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharptonn View Post
    Really. Some other way to do it.. Ask Gugi ! That's the ticket!
    PM sent and received....
    Not a tech noob but I am stumped.

  4. #13
    Senior Member blabbermouth Chevhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upstate, New York
    Posts
    2,747
    Thanked: 707
    Blog Entries
    4
    RoyalCake likes this.

    Ed

  5. #14
    Senior Member blabbermouth 10Pups's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Across the street from Mickey Mouse in Calif.
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanked: 1153

    Default

    So where is the tutorial on how to get an SRP blog and post a .pdf ?
    Chevhead and RoyalCake like this.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience....well that comes from poor judgment.

  6. #15
    Senior Member guitstik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Eads, TN
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    I can't see it, I see the blog but when I click on the jpg I get an "Invalid Attachment specified" prompt.

  7. #16
    Senior Member blabbermouth Chevhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upstate, New York
    Posts
    2,747
    Thanked: 707
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10Pups View Post
    So where is the tutorial on how to get an SRP blog and post a .pdf ?
    That would be a GREAT one !


    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I can't see it, I see the blog but when I click on the jpg I get an "Invalid Attachment specified" prompt.
    I don't know bro... This is making me crazy!

  8. #17
    Senior Member guitstik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Eads, TN
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    Making you crazy? I want to see how you do it
    Chevhead likes this.

  9. #18
    Senior Member blabbermouth Chevhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upstate, New York
    Posts
    2,747
    Thanked: 707
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Making you crazy? I want to see how you do it
    TOO FUNNY!
    Hold tight... will send it to you...

  10. #19
    Senior Member guitstik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Eads, TN
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    I got the pdf, good write up. I just have one question, you leave the bolsters proud of the scales, do you not try to get them to fit flush by doing an inlay? I have a couple Otto Deustch scales I have been trying to figure out what to do with. I had considered baking a mold with dental mold putty and pouring a poly over the inlays.

  11. #20
    Senior Member blabbermouth Chevhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upstate, New York
    Posts
    2,747
    Thanked: 707
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I got the pdf, good write up. I just have one question, you leave the bolsters proud of the scales, do you not try to get them to fit flush by doing an inlay? I have a couple Otto Deustch scales I have been trying to figure out what to do with. I had considered baking a mold with dental mold putty and pouring a poly over the inlays.
    Myself I leave them on top.

    As long as they do not catch when wiping them with a cloth they are good.
    There is a very MINIMAL amount stick up on the scales if they are fitted correctly.

    If you check out Glens tutorial he mentions a frame epoxy technique.
    I have not done this so I couldn't answer if this makes them be more of an inlay sort of thing?

    Check out 10pups Video Tutorial also. Part 8 I do believe is where he glues the stuff on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •