Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New scale material at LeeValley.

  1. #1
    I love Burls....... and Acrylic HARRYWALLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baden, Ontario
    Posts
    5,253
    Thanked: 2099

    Default New scale material at LeeValley.

    This just popped up at LeeValley not to long ago. This is the same material that the Polyester Tortuga east is made from that Masecraft carries. If you have experience with it, this will machine much the same. This has me giddy due to the fact I have so many naked blades sitting here waiting for scales. A great choice for scale material, that won't warp or twist like the real deal.

    Simulated Natural Material Sheets - Lee Valley Tools
    Burls, Girls, and all things that Swirl....

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HARRYWALLY For This Useful Post:

    bluesman7 (09-20-2017), dinnermint (09-17-2017), ejmolitor37 (09-17-2017), Geezer (09-18-2017), Hirlau (09-17-2017), mainaman (09-17-2017), Mcbladescar (09-18-2017), MisterClean (12-07-2017), RezDog (09-17-2017), ScoutHikerDad (09-18-2017)

  3. #2
    Senior Member blabbermouth Thug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,474
    Thanked: 403

    Default

    Great find Andrew, some lovely colours there.
    Tony

  4. #3
    I love Burls....... and Acrylic HARRYWALLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baden, Ontario
    Posts
    5,253
    Thanked: 2099

    Default

    They are on the pricey side, but if guys were to go in on a few sheets, you could cut them and share. 9 x 11 would get you a lot of scales.

    Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk
    outback and ejmolitor37 like this.
    Burls, Girls, and all things that Swirl....

  5. #4
    Senior Member gabrielcr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    495
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYWALLY View Post
    This just popped up at LeeValley not to long ago. This is the same material that the Polyester Tortuga east is made from that Masecraft carries. If you have experience with it, this will machine much the same. This has me giddy due to the fact I have so many naked blades sitting here waiting for scales. A great choice for scale material, that won't warp or twist like the real deal.

    Simulated Natural Material Sheets - Lee Valley Tools
    Woooooow! Thanks man!!! Tha's super cool!!!

    Sent from my SM-G903M using Tapatalk
    Substance likes this.
    honing my mind...

  6. #5
    Senior Member gabrielcr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    495
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYWALLY View Post
    They are on the pricey side, but if guys were to go in on a few sheets, you could cut them and share. 9 x 11 would get you a lot of scales.

    Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk
    U thinking on buying and share? Im interested if so...

    Sent from my SM-G903M using Tapatalk
    honing my mind...

  7. #6
    I love Burls....... and Acrylic HARRYWALLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baden, Ontario
    Posts
    5,253
    Thanked: 2099

    Default

    Ive already been to the store, and checked all the colors out. They're great. Ivory, old ivory, bone, horn are definitely my favorites. More traditional, but I think all would look great as scales.

    I would be interested in sharing, yes. Ill PM you Gab.

    Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk
    ejmolitor37 likes this.
    Burls, Girls, and all things that Swirl....

  8. #7
    Senior Member gabrielcr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    495
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYWALLY View Post
    Ive already been to the store, and checked all the colors out. They're great. Ivory, old ivory, bone, horn are definitely my favorites. More traditional, but I think all would look great as scales.

    I would be interested in sharing, yes. Ill PM you Gab.

    Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk
    Hahahha interesting... i was exactly thinking on those colors to start with...
    Last edited by gabrielcr78; 09-17-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    honing my mind...

  9. #8
    Senior Member jmabuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    235
    Thanked: 108

    Default

    I bought the black and ivory -- in U.S. dollars the sheets are $21.50, but you have to pay $9.95 shipping so they aren't very cheap. But I get a lot of razors with plain black or ivory-colored celluloid scales that are busted; this is a great find!

  10. #9
    I love Burls....... and Acrylic HARRYWALLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baden, Ontario
    Posts
    5,253
    Thanked: 2099

    Default

    That makes me happy that someone found this post useful. Would love to see your razors when you have some done in these materials.
    Geezer and gabrielcr78 like this.
    Burls, Girls, and all things that Swirl....

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to HARRYWALLY For This Useful Post:

    GaryDrainville (09-21-2017)

  12. #10
    Senior Member gabrielcr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    495
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYWALLY View Post
    That makes me happy that someone found this post useful. Would love to see your razors when you have some done in these materials.
    +1!!! Would love to see the finished scales, and also k kw if its resistent material... 3mm sounds like it will but stil

    Sent from my SM-G903M using Tapatalk
    honing my mind...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •